05 October 2008

New Adventures in Knoxville

So I would like to think that I will be able to maintain this while in school and keep everyone informed of the all the happenings in the life of a pa student...only time will tell if this is possible. I've officially been here for 2 weeks and survived the first week of classes. I'm getting more and more settled into a routine with classes, running, studying and doing things to avoid the studying :). The latest I go any day with a class is 3pm which provides plenty of time to study (or procrastinate) and after the revelation of all the studying I will be doing over the next 9 weeks there will be no procrastination occuring in my little world. For those of you who know me this is a huge deal and I will let you know how it goes. After the first day of class I had the NEED to run, no desire but a definite need. In order to cope with all the information that is going to be shoved into our brains the only beneficial coping mechanism would be to run because sleeping would simply be a waste of time in the middle of the afternoon. So yes I am running and it feels great, well sort of. It will feel great at some point I'm sure.

For those of you who don't know, I am living with Rich and Hannah Stolze. They have very graciously opened their home to me and I am so incredibly blessed to be living with them. They would be a huge support spiritually and mentally during my time here and to simply have a family to live with is definitely God's provision to me. It has been wonderful thus far even though I am adjusting to trying to study with little children wrestling around on my bed. I am only about 10 minutes from school so that is saving me a huge chunk of change on the gasoline. And I must say it may be a miracle that I have yet to be in an accident. The drivers here are not the greatest. I'm not sure if they are completely unaware of what is going on around them or if they are simply just bad drivers. Even my anatomy teacher, who is from Tennessee I believe, made a comment the other day in class about the number of rear-end accidents that occur in Knoxville. I just laughed and recalled the horrible accident I had seen the day before which appeared to be a rear-end accident. What can I say?

So here begins a new chapter in my life adventure. Exciting times are ahead and I'm excited to see what God has in store for each new day and hope to be able to share them with you. Thank you for all your prayers!!

xoxo kendra

1 comment:

Amy Tiemeier said...

Yea!! A new post and new blog layout/design. I LOVE it! Look forward to reading lots more.
Much love, ABCD